Eco Festival: Autumn 2021
In September/October 2021 the Village is hosting a series of community events to highlight and respond to the climate change crisis. Community groups, churches, and agencies are joining with the Parish Council to share and create opportunities in the run up to the COP26 conference in Glasgow.
The title ‘Revival for Survival’ links a local revival of knowledge, skills, environmental passion and collaborative action with the global challenge of climate change. The festival will not only showcase many things already going on in the community, but also catalyse fresh ideas and collaboration. Activities and events will include:
- Eco-themed workshops, fruit pressing and family fun activities
- Roll-up-your-sleeves community action projects at St Mary’s Fields and Lyne Rd Green to enhance local biodiversity
- A speaker series with input from practitioners providing ideas to engage with, discuss and apply
- The opportunity to discover existing projects that are transforming the way we grow and distribute food in our community
- An ambient, interactive and eco-themed prayer / reflection space run by the Churches
You can see a printable file of the full programme of events here. Or alternatively click here to add the events to your google calendar list.
Autumn 2021 will also see an extensive programme of new tree planting by the Parish Council.
We will be holding a Lyne Road Green Community Day on Saturday 30th October 2021 from 11am to 3pm. Activities will include
- Apple pressing
- Compost give away
- Local organisation representation
- Wild Oxfordshire stand about hedgerows
- Hedge planting