Useful Information during Covid19 emergency
Please follow government directives and stay at home.

Exeter Hall is closed to the public until further notice and Council staff are working from home.
Our play grounds and outdoor gym are closed until further notice. Please do not attempt to use them.

Please follow these links to keep updated with advice from the NHS and advice from the Government.
If you need support see the list of useful contacts below.
See also our pages on Local food delivery information from local businesses and Resources for Families


Kidlington and Surrounding Areas (KASA) Coronavirus Community Help
Working in partnership with Kidlington Parish Council, this is primarily aimed at those in self-isolation who are described as vulnerable, at risk or unable to access the internet and households that are self isolating because of family member. They are willing to do shopping, collect prescriptions, or simply just chat. As per normal you will be expected to pay for your purchase but no fees or charges are involved. This is a totally voluntary service.
Call: 01865 817722, email, or visit

Cherwell Community Larder
Working in partnership with SOFEA, FareShare, and Banbury Citizens Advice Community, our community larder helps fill the gap in food supply for those in financial need. Food parcels will be delivered once a week on Saturday afternoons directly to your door. More information is available here, where you can sign up for a parcel delivery: Email, or call 01865 817676. No referral necessary.

North Oxfordshire Foodbank (Kidlington)
For those in urgent need. Call 07929 721172, email, or

Cherwell District Council
If you have been identified as extremely vulnerable by the NHS and have no support network, you can contact the dedicated helpline for shielded residents on 01865 897820 or email This will be operational from 8:30am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday, and 9:00am - 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday. If you have not been contacted by the NHS but are struggling due to isolation, being a key worker or for anything else, contact the Customer Service Centre on 01295 227001 who will be able to advise suitable support or community groups to help you.

Kidlington and District Good Neighbour Scheme.
Call 07903 788990 and leave a message or email to arrange a friendly chat.

Citizen’s Advice
Call 01869 321806 or 0300 330 9037 or email for the usual advice services and about food vouchers. Call 0800 144 8444 for the Universal Credit Help to Claim service.
If you elderly/vulnerable and self-isolating (but not in the ‘Shielded’ category), Citizens Advice can deliver an emergency food parcel. Call 0300 30 30 125 and leave your name and telephone number only. One of the team will call you back. See also

Age UK Oxfordshire and Action for Carers are offering a new, free, telephone support service, providing a friendly, regular weekly call to see how people are, to chat and also to help problem solve if people are facing any practical problems eg shopping, prescription collection etc. People can contact the new service on 01865 411288.

Mind Oxfordshire: Adviceline 0300 123 3393. See also

To Register as High Risk
Are you known to be high risk or know someone who is supposed to be high risk but haven’t received a text message or letter? Register here:

For information about school places for children of key workers and vulnerable children, including during the Easter holidays, email


To volunteer you can contact KASA (see above) at

See also the new website launched by Oxfordshire Community Voluntary Action (OCVA) called Oxfordshire All In to support groups across the county helping people in response to Covid-19: see and

Cherwell District Council Switchboard: 01295 227001
Council Tax and business rates: 01295 227000
Housing benefits/Council tax reduction: 01295 227002
Waste/Recycling/Street cleansing: 01295 227003
Planning: 01295 227006
Environmental Service/Dog Warden: 01295 227007
Parking: 01295 227008

Oxfordshire County Council: 01865 792422
Street Lights: 0800 317 802
Floodline: 0845 988 1188 Contact OCC ref Sandbags (if needed ref flooding) 0345 310 111
Environment Agency incident hotline: 0800 80 70 60 (24 hrs)
Police (non-emergency):
101 NHS Direct 111
Thames Water: 0845 920 0800
Gas Emergency: 0800 111 999

Care Homes

Lincraft 01865 950500
Glebe 01865 841859
OSJCT 01865 372220

Funeral Directors
C S Boswell Independent FD 01865 373712
Jerrams 01865 374444
Reeves & Pain 01865 371159
S&R Childs 01865 378888

Doctors and medical

The Key Medical Practice 01865 842292
Gosford Medical practice 01865 374242
The Key NHS Pharmacy 01865 371471
Kidlington Carers Group 07557 430 878
Kidlington Macular Support Group 0300 3030 111
Oxfordshire Mind 01865 247788
Talking Space 01865 901222
Daybreak (Dementia) 01865 776744
Samaritans (free call) 116 123(24 hours)

St Marys & St Johns (Anglican) 07821 542 182 (Felicity) 07909 976 637 and Martin - email
Baptist Church 01865 374983
Methodist 01865 373280
St Thomas Moore 01865 377093
Life Home Community 07970927802
Grace Church 07471201590

'Kidlington Anglican Churches' will be holding a stay in touch through social media from their facebook page (Kidlington Anglican Churches) 10am 'Pause for Prayer' everyday live streamed.
You can also access this through the website without having to use facebook -